Adults in Queensland can access free publicly funded dental care if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- are a Queensland resident and be eligible for Medicare; and
- receiving benefits from one of the following concession cards:
- Pension Concession Card Issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs;
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink;
- Health Care Card;
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card; or,
- Queensland seniors card.
This eligibility is extended to dependents named on an eligible adult’s concession card.
For more information about adult eligibility criteria, refer to the Oral Health Services Eligibility Guideline.
There may be additional eligibility criteria to access public dental specialist services. The availability of dental specialist services varies between locations and Hospital and Health Services. For more information about access to specialist dental services in your area, contact your local Queensland Health dental clinic.
Public sector oral health services are funded by the government and are provided at no charge to eligible clients. Transport to and from dental clinics is the responsibility of each individual client.
Contact your nearest public dental clinic to make an appointment. Find a clinic in your local area by searching the list of dental clinics.
Check out Queensland health for more information.